big game highlights
- Advocated for the Junior Big Game Bill, which allows junior hunters, age 14 and 15, to hunt big game under the supervision of an adult.
- Advocated for the Southern Tier Rifle Bill, which allows hunters to use a rifle for deer and bear hunting in the southern tier.
- Worked with the DEC to help establish buck:doe permit ratios for deer management units (DMU) in Niagara County.
- Reports on the deer harvest by sex/method/DMU.
- Reports on the bear harvest in Region 9.
- Works to educate the public about crossbows, how to safely use them and their effective range.
- Support the introduction of the crossbow as a legal method of take for big game.
- Reports on chronic wasting disease.
- Supported legislation to lengthen big game seasons.